Hello, I’m Kate Vickers and I am a massage therapist working within the South Lincolnshire and Peterborough area.
Horses and dogs are athletes and so suffer from muscular aches and pains just like their owners and riders. A Merishia massage may help to:-
- Ease stiffness and tight joints
- Ease compensations and tension in older animals
- Aid performance, flexibility and range of movement
- Enhance and maintain general well-being
- Can helping with recovery or rehabilitation
- Aid relaxation
- Stimulate circulation
- Desensitise animals
- Bring awareness to areas of the body
As a Merishia massage therapist I will work with the body-language of the animal to guide me in the techniques used.
I offer Merishia deep tissue massage sessions to a variety of different horses, ponies and dogs. During a session I will use a variety of gentle techniques to facilitate both superficial and deep release of tension.
To further enhance the effects of the massage techniques and to aid improvements in performance and flexibility, I apply specific gentle mobilisation techniques. Additionally I can also offer red light therapy where appropriate to assist with inflammatory conditions.